Web Development Intern
Application Deadline: July 9, 2020
The WeGO Secretariat is currently seeking candidates for one (1) Web Development Intern.
The World Smart Sustainable Cities Organization (WeGO) is an international association of city and other local governments, smart tech solutions providers, and national and regional institutions committed to the transformation of cities into smart sustainable cities.
WeGO’s Secretariat is based in Seoul, Korea, with regional offices in East Asia (Chengdu, China), Eurasia (Ulyanovsk, Russia), the Mediterranean (Beyoğlu, Turkey), and Latin America (Mexico City, Mexico).
WeGO has 200+ members around the world and serves as their international platform to improve the quality of life, innovate in the delivery of public services, and strengthen regional competitiveness.
● Conduct front- and/or back-end development for the improvement of WeGO’s website
● Support WeGO in developing new smart city tools and products
● Assist in the organizing of WeGO activities, particularly video conferences and webinars
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
● Can legally undertake a paid internship in Seoul
*The WeGO Secretariat can unfortunately not provide any visa sponsorships for interns, and only candidates that already have a valid visa to undertake an internship in Seoul will be eligible for the interview.
● Strong command of Wordpress, HTML5/CSS3/, and experience in UI/UX design and development
● Command of photo and video editing softwares (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc.)
● Strong organizational skills and teamwork
● Attention to detail, commitment, and creativity
● Work experience in the area of smart sustainable cities and ICT or at international organizations, in government, or at research institutions
● Communications or marketing-related experience
● Fluency in additional languages
● Start Date: Monday July 20, 2020
● Duty Station: WeGO Secretariat, 7F Seoul Global Center, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea
● Term: 5 months, 4 days/week
● Hours: Monday to Thursday 10:00-18:00
● Language: English
*The internship duration may be renegotiated based on the needs of the applicant.
● Salary: Approx. KRW 1,200,000/month (including insurance, pension, and weekly holiday allowance)